When importing goods, the shipment must clear customs. As Customs Brokers, St. Louis Service or our designated overseas agent can clear the goods through customs and have the shipments delivered to their designated destinations. However, in order for clearance to be effected, proper documentation is required:
- Bill of Lading or Airway bill
- Commercial invoice with description and value of the goods (if new goods)
- Packing-list (In the case of used household and personal effects)
- Power of Attorney
- Additional documentation may be needed, depending on the commodity, value and origin.
- Also, shipments can move in-transit to a final country of destination.
We are pleased to give the assurance that both our local team and our network of overseas agents consist of highly trained import and export professionals that possess thorough knowledge of tariff schedules and Customs regulations.
For every shipment entering any country, there are hundreds of pages of Customs regulations and thousands of tariff items. As brokers, we are all well-versed in determining proper classifications and dutiable value.
When you consider the service we give, you would definitely understand why our Clients make us their preferred Customs Broker.